Netgear Firmware Update via Mywifiext.net
If you have installed a Netgear extender at your home to enjoy the intensified WiFi signals, then it’s your prime duty to keep a tab on the health of your WiFi device. You can gift your extender a healthy life by updating its firmware periodically.
Keeping the firmware update will not only help you enhance the performance of your extender but also lend your network a helping hand when it comes to protecting it against various security threats.
Are you not familiar with the firmware update process? Are you finding the task of updating firmware a bit complex? No worries! Every cloud has a silver lining. Here, in this post, we’ll make you familiar with some ways that you can use to update the firmware of your Netgear extender. Let’s delve in!
The latest firmware can be grabbed either via mywifiext or by using an automated process. In the automated process, you need to access Netgear Genie Setup to search the most compatible firmware update for your extender. On the other hand, using www.mywifiext.net you can better control your WiFi range extender. Therefore, this method can help those users who are seeking some specific version of Netgear firmware for their extender. Walk through both the methods and follow the one that seems easy to you.
Method 1: Update Netgear Firmware via Automated Procedure
- Get access to your device and lunch any web browser of your choice.
- Log in to your Netgear extender using 192.168.1.250.
- Navigate to the Menu icon and click it.
- Doing so will show the extender menu on your device’s screen.
- Now, head over to Settings > Firmware Update.
Note: For some extender models, the ‘Firmware Update’ option will reveal in the Maintenance section.
- Next, hit the Check option.
- Clicking on it will show you the availability of new firmware for the extender model you own. If any new firmware is available, simply get it by following the on-screen instructions.
Method 2: Update Netgear Firmware of Your Extender via Mywifiext
To use this method, you need to firstly download the desired firmware version from the official site of Netgear. Navigate to the Netgear site and in the Search option, enter the extender model you have. Thereafter, you can check if any firmware update is available for your WiFi device or not. If yes, download it.
Once you are done with the downloading of the desired firmware for your extender, launch a web browser on your device and access new extender setup wizard via mywifiext. The default web address will remain the same for all extender models.
- Now, head towards Advanced > Admin > Netgear Firmware Update.
- Tap on the Choose File option and select the file you downloaded earlier.
- Upload the firmware by hitting on it. Once your extender gets the firmware update, your device will reboot automatically.
- After updating the firmware, you are advised to unplug your device and plug it back after a minute or two.
We hope that this write-up will give you detailed info on how to update firmware on your Netgear extender. In case the above steps of updating Netgear extender’s firmware doesn’t work for you, feel free to get in touch with a professional. Your satisfaction means a lot to us!