Easy Steps to Fix Netgear Extender Won’t Connect to Router Issue
In case your Netgear extender won’t connect to router, don’t sweat it firstly! While installing the extender, you need to connect it to the home WiFi router. However, most of the users confront problems while connecting their Netgear extender to the router. This post will be your guide on how to fix Netgear extender not connecting to router issue. Let’s dive in.
All the troubleshooting tips mentioned in our post will help you resolve any of the following issues:
- Can’t connect Netgear extender to router
- Netgear extender won’t connect to internet
- Why is my Netgear extender not connecting to router?
- How to connect Netgear WiFi extender?
- Why won’t my Netgear extender connect to my router?
Why My Netgear Extender Won’t Connect to Router?
Well, there is not a single reason causing this issue. Here, we have highlighted a few common reasons why your Netgear extender not connecting to router:
- Netgear WiFi extender showing orange LED light
- Loose or damaged cable
- The router is not properly configured
- Lost internet connectivity
- The extender is not placed correctly
- Partial extender reset
- Your extender is installed improperly
So, these were some of the common reasons behind the issue. Now, let’s walk you through the troubleshooting tips to get the issue fixed within minutes.
Fix: Netgear Extender Not Connecting to Router
Basic Check Points
Before applying advanced troubleshooting tips, remember to check the below-mentioned points first:
- The Netgear extender and router are turned on and receiving constant power supply from the wall socket
- There should not be any hardware damage related to your extender and router.
- The extender and router should be kept in the same room.
- Check the LED lights on your router as well as the extender. All the LED lights must be stable.
- Make sure that the extender is properly configured via the Netgear genie setup wizard.
Aim For Optimal Placement for Your Extender
Wrong placement may lead you to the Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to router issue. Let’s have a look at some important guidelines you need to consider while placing your extender:
- Select a central location in your house or workplace for the extender.
- The Netgear extender should be placed at a certain distance away from concrete walls, corners, and ceilings.
- Ensure to keep your home electronic gadgets away from the extender.
- Metal objects can also create interference in the path of WiFi signals coming from your extender, thus causing the WiFi extender not connecting to internet issue. So, keep the extender away from such objects.
- Position your Netgear wireless extender far away from glasses, fish tanks, mirrors, and other reflexive surfaces.
Double-Check the Cable Connections
Perhaps it is a loose or improper cable connection that is resulting in the Netgear extender won’t connect to router issue. In such a case, the below-given troubleshooting steps will be a lot helpful to you:
- Connect WiFi extender to router with Ethernet cable rather than wirelessly.
- Bring only a cut-free or non-damaged Ethernet cable into play.
- Be certain that all cable connections are finger-tight and accurate.
Power Cycle Your Extender
Still your Netgear extender won’t connect to router? Fret not! Opt for the power-cycle method. Implement the following instructions to power cycle your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Disconnect your Netgear wireless extender from the power outlet.
- Let your extender take some rest.
- Now, connect the extender back to the power outlet.
- Turn on your Netgear WiFi extender properly and make sure that the power LED is solid green.
Note: The steps for power cycling will remain the same whether you have employed Netgear EX2700 Setup or another model setup for your home.
So, these were our best ways to get rid of the Netgear extender not connecting to router issue. In the event that you are still seeing the same error, ensure to contact our knowledgeable experts. They will help you resolve the issue in a matter of minutes.