How to View and Change Mywifiext net WiFi Settings 
One needs to change the wireless settings of a Netgear range extender to shield the home network from WiFi bandits. These settings are generally the Service Set Identifier [SSID] and network key [WiFi password] of the extender which let the user gain access to the internet connection. In case you need the instructions to view and change mywifiext net WiFi settings, then you’ve found the right post.
Here, you will learn how to access the Netgear Genie smart setup and modify the network settings of a Netgear range extender. However, before all that, we want to inform you that you can contact our experts at any hour of the day to get assistance regarding the Netgear extender management. You will find them on the ball to help you.
Requirements to Change Mywifiext net WiFi Settings
You are required to get your hands on some information and a few things before learning how to view and change the wireless settings that belong to the Netgear extender’s network. They are mentioned as follows:
- A web browser using which you will make your way to the dashboard of the Netgear extender. In other words, it will be the platform that will assist you with the process of modifying the mywifiext net WiFi settings.
- The default password and username of the range extender. You can jot them down somewhere after taking references from the user manual. However, you must know the new details if the default ones have been ever modified.
- You’ll also need a medium to connect your Netgear extender to the host router. The reason being, the latter will act as a source of internet for the former one. And, no other source can be better than a wired one. Thus, get your hands on a network cable.
How to Change Mywifiext net WiFi Settings?
The previous section was loaded with the prerequisites of the process to view and make amendments to the wireless settings of the range extender. We’re now assuming that you have access to the necessary factors involved. With that said, let’s start.
- Firstly, power on your extender after connecting it to a socket near the main router.
- After that, use the network cable to connect your WiFi devices.
- By the term WiFi devices, we are referring to your Netgear extender and router.
- Once done, load an internet browser like Chrome or Safari on the computer.
- Input mywifiext.net [for Chrome and other browsers] or mywifiext.local [for Safari].
- Press Enter to see the admin portal of your range extender.
- Use the default password and username to unlock the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Select the Wireless option followed by Settings.
- The Wireless Settings page of your Netgear extender will show up.
- You will be able to see the Network Key and SSID of your range extender.
- To change them, enter the new values into their respective fields.
- Click the Save button to bring the new mywifiext net WiFi settings into effect.
Facing Issues while Changing Mywifiext Settings?
It has been found that even after giving a shot at the instructions provided in the above section users are unable to make changes to the extender’s wireless network settings. In case you are also among them, it is recommended that you install the latest firmware version on the extender. The reason being, the use of an outdated firmware version can prevent you from using some of the extender’s features. The inability to change the mywifiext net WiFi settings is just one problem that you are facing as a result of an outdated firmware.
The instructions highlighted below will reveal how to update the Netgear range extender firmware easily:
- First of all, visit mywifiext.net or mywifiext.local on an updated web browser.
- Using the appropriate details, log in to your Netgear extender.
- Click the Menu icon on the Status page.
- To access the Firmware Update page, click Settings > Firmware Update.
- Now, click Check Online.
- If a new firmware version is available, follow the instructions appearing on the screen to install it.
This is how you can install the latest firmware version on the extender and eliminate one of the factors stopping you from viewing and changing the mywifiext net WiFi settings. However, if your extender is already flaunting the latest firmware version and you’re still facing issues, don’t hesitate to contact our experts. The sooner you contact them, the earlier you will be able to make changes to the extender’s wireless network settings.