How to Connect Apple Homepod to WiFi Extender Netgear?
Apple Homepod is an advanced audio-technology device engineered by Apple that delivers high-fidelity sound throughout the room. If one wants to use it through a Netgear extender WiFi network, then he/she needs to establish a connection between both devices. Therefore, if you have a Netgear range extender and also own an Apple Homepod, then this blog will be your one-stop solution to connect both devices to stream your favorite music or whatever it is.
Things to Know About Apple HomePod Connection
An Apple HomePod is capable of connecting to many 802.1X WiFi networks. It can also connect to the network that requires some supplementary sign-in steps. Let us say, to the WiFi networks that are provided by hotels or inns.
The Apple HomePod can connect to WiFi networks that need no OTP and support PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, or EAP-FAST authentication steps. Now, let’s move ahead and discuss the steps to set up the Apple HomePod and connect it to the WiFi network of a Netgear range extender.
How to Connect Apple HomePod to Netgear Extender WiFi?
The process of connecting the Apple HomePod to Netgear WiFi extender can be divided into three steps. The first step is all about setting up the HomePod whereas the second step requires you to complete the Netgear extender setup process and make the extender broadcast the extended network. When it comes to the third step, it will be all about connecting both devices.
Step 1: Setting Up the Apple HomePod
- First of all, plug your Apple HomePod into a power source.
- Wait for a chime and let the white light on the device pulse.
- Bring your iPhone or iPad in the range of your HomePod.
- Tap the Set Up option as soon as the HomePod appears on the screen.
- Now, hold your iPhone or iPad over the HomePod and center it in the frame.
- Lastly, customize your HomePod settings through the on-screen instructions.
- You can also manage the HomePod settings using the HOME app after the setup process.
Step 2: Set Up the Extender (If You Haven’t)
- Create a LAN cable connection between your extender and router.
- Connect your mobile phone to the Netgear extender network and download the Nighthawk app.
- The NIGHTHAWK APP should be flaunting the latest version.
- Launch the app and log in to the extender using the default password and username.
- Go through a few on-screen prompts and complete the extender’s installation.
Step 3: Connect HomePod to WiFi of Netgear Extender
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad or connect to the extended network of your Netgear extender.
- Launch the HOME app.
- Now, tap the HomePad and select the GEAR icon in the bottom right.
- Choose MOVE HOMEPOD to [Your extender’s WiFi network name].
- Once the connection is successful, tap DONE.
Enable Automatic Connection Between HomePod and Netgear Extender
To enable automatic connection between your Apple HomePod and the Netgear extender WiFi network, you will have to install a configuration profile. However, your only network administrator will be able to make this profile and provide you through a website or email. You can enable automatic connection by tapping the profile on your iPhone or iPad and then choosing the HomePod. If the HomePod is not visible, then select Other Devices > HomePod. Complete the installation process through the on-screen instructions and enable automatic connection.
Now, it is time to wrap up the guide that focused on how to connect Apple HomePod to WiFi of Netgear extender. We learned that the installation of the Netgear extender and the HomePod in a proper way is necessary to facilitate a successful connection. The Netgear extender can be installed through the Nighthawk app. However, you can also make use of the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.250.
When it came to the Apple HomePod installation process, it was completed through the HOME app on the iPhone or iPad that is available on the App Store. As far as the connection process between two devices is concerned, it was also completed through the Home app. Now, we hope that you have successfully connected your HomePod to the WiFi network of your Netgear extender. Use the device the way you fancy and fill the entire room with your favorite music.