How To Block Devices From WiFi Network of Netgear Extender?
Are you facing slow and sluggish internet connectivity on your Netgear extender? Well, this can occur if a hoard of WiFi devices are connected to its network. Besides, chances are your WiFi extender’s bandwidth is being consumed by your neighbors without you even noticing. In such a situation, it is best to block devices from WiFi network of your extender that are unknown to you. Here we are going to share various methods using which you can have a tab on the list of devices connected to your Netgear WiFi and block them if needed.
Steps to Block Devices From WiFi of Netgear Extender
There could be various reasons why you want to block people from your Netgear extender’s WiFi network. Perhaps, you’re not paying for an unlimited amount of data and can run short of data if used by many. Or, you have found some unauthorized access to the network of your WiFi. Whatever the reason is shoving you to block devices from WiFi of your Netgear extender, the below-listed steps can help you in a big way. So, what are you waiting for? Simply walk through all the steps in the same order and learn to block unwanted devices from WiFi.
- The first step is to find that MAC, short for Media Access Control, address of the device you want to block from the network of your extender.
- This can be done by accessing the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- So, launch a web browser on your computer and enter the default web address of your Netgear WiFi range extender in the address field.
- Proceed further by hitting the Enter key.
- Log in with the default credentials. Just in case you have changed the login details of your Netgear extender, consider using the changed username and password.
- As soon as you hit the Log In option after filling in the necessary details, the Netgear Genie setup wizard will appear on your system’s screen.
- Now, locate the list of connected devices by navigating to the settings.
- You may have to look for various tabs in the settings section as the location of the list may vary depending on the Netgear extender model that is being used.
- For instance, you can check options like Connected Devices, Network, or Attached Devices.
- As soon as you find the list showing the names of devices connected to the network of your Netgear WiFi range extender, you will be able to see the IP address along with the MAC address related to those IP addresses.
- Afterward, locate the Enable Access Control option and check the box.
- Now, you can choose the MAC address of the device you want to block from your WiFi and click on Deny check box.
- Hit Save to let the changes become effective.
This is all about how to block devices from WiFi of your Netgear extender. Executing the process, you will easily be able to protect your WiFi from unauthorized access.
You may need to opt for the lengthy process of blocking devices on WiFi only if you have not added an additional layer of security to your WiFi by changing its login password. So, make sure to change the password of your WiFi just after completing its configuration.
Just in case you need any help for changing password or blocking devices on WiFi of your Netgear extender, feel free to reach out to our seasoned experts for quick help.