Guide to Fix Netgear Extender Firmware Update Failure Issue
For your Netgear extender to function smoothly, it needs a regular firmware update. However, if you are unable to do that, then you’re in serious trouble! But, worry not because our technical experts are here to help you get rid of the issue. So, walk through the tips mentioned in this post and learn how to troubleshoot the Netgear extender firmware update failure issue in a matter of minutes.
Reasons Why Netgear Extender Firmware Update Failed
There can be a number of reasons why you failed to update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender. They are as follows:
- Your internet connection isn’t strong enough.
- The connection between your Netgear extender and router is not stable.
- There is something wrong from the end of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Electronic devices are interrupting the signals of your wireless device.
- Technical glitches can also prevent you from successfully performing Netgear extender firmware update.
- You haven’t followed the correct guidelines to update the firmware of your device.
Considering you’re now well aware of the reasons why you aren’t able to update the firmware of your device, follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.
Solved: Netgear Extender Firmware Update Failure Issue
Here are the troubleshooting tips that will surely help you get rid of the Netgear extender firmware update failure issue:
Reboot Your Netgear Extender
Before you do anything else, reboot your Netgear WiFi range extender. Sometimes, all that a device needs to get rid of technical issues is a simple restart.
So, follow the instructions mentioned below to reboot your wireless device:
- Disconnect every WiFi-enabled device connected to the network of your extender.
- Turn off your extender and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Once the wait is over, plug your Netgear extender back into the socket, and turn it on.
Now, try to access the Netgear WiFi extender login page, and update the firmware of your device. Are you able to? If not, continue reading.
Check Your Internet Connection
As mentioned above, a weak internet connection can also stop you from performing Netgear extender firmware update. To get the issue fixed, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
If the internet issue isn’t from his end, check the connection between your extender and router. Is it stable? If not, then that’s probably because your devices are connected wirelessly. To get rid of the issue, it is recommended that you connect them using an Ethernet cable.
Stay Away From WiFi Interference
Make sure that your Netgear WiFi range extender is placed away from electronic devices, metal objects, transmitting appliances, and reflexive surfaces.
In other words, do not keep your extender near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, mirrors, fish tanks, aluminum studs, etc.
Follow the Correct Guidelines
Many users make the mistake of following the wrong guidelines while trying to update the firmware of their Netgear WiFi range extenders. Chances are that you might have committed the same thing.
Thus, carefully follow the instructions mentioned below to successfully perform Netgear extender firmware update:
- Switch on your computer and open an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type mywifiext.net, and press Enter.
- You will be taken to the Netgear_ext login page.
- Enter the default admin details into their respective fields, and click Log In.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, click Settings > Maintenance > Firmware Update.
In this manner, you’ll be able to update the firmware of your device to the latest version.
Although the tips mentioned above will help you get rid of the Netgear extender firmware update failure issue, if they don’t, waste no more time and get in touch with our well-versed technical experts.