Full-Scale Guide to Fix Netgear Extender Orange Light Issue
Is the LED on your Netgear wireless range extender blinking orange? Well, that isn’t good news. But, worry not because we are here to attend to your needs. In this post, we have summed up some of the topmost reasons why you are facing the Netgear extender orange light issue along with the solutions to fix it. Thus, stick to reading.
Reasons: Netgear Extender Orange Light Issue
Here are the topmost reasons behind the Netgear extender orange light issue:
- Improper power supply
- Outdated or crashed firmware
- Technical glitches
- Loose Ethernet connection
- WiFi devices not placed in close proximity
- Signal interference
Now, you can take the help of the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below and learn how to get rid of the Netgear extender orange light issue.
Fixed: Netgear Extender Orange Light Issue
1. Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Every Netgear extender comes embedded with a firmware. If not updated timely, it can degrade the performance of your device. Thus, make sure that the firmware of your extender is running on an updated version.
Follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to perform Netgear extender firmware update:
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Open an internet browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera, etc.
- In the address field of the internet browser, type the default web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- Once you are on the Netgear extender login page, input the default admin password and username.
- Click the Log In button.
- On the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard, go to the Settings menu.
- Select Maintenance > Firmware Update.
Now, check whether the LED on your Netgear wireless range extender has stopped blinking orange. If it hasn’t, follow the next troubleshooting hack.
2. Reboot Your Netgear Extender
As mentioned above, technical glitches can also force the LED on your Netgear extender to blink orange. To get rid of the glitches, you need to reboot your device. Here is how you can do that:
- Power of your Netgear range extender and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Plug your Netgear wireless extender back into the wall socket and turn it on.
In case you face issues while trying to reboot your Netgear WiFi range extender, it is advised that you get in touch with our technical experts. They are always on the ball to help out users like you.
3. Check the Ethernet Connection
Check the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear wireless range extender and your home router. Is it worn out or damaged?
If yes, consider replacing your cable with a new one. Apart from that, make sure that the Ethernet connection between your devices is not loose.
4. Verify the Power Supply
Chances are that the wall outlet into which your Netgear extender is plugged is damaged. To troubleshoot the issue, follow either of these two options:
- Get your wall outlet fixed.
- Plug your device into another wall socket.
5. Avoid Signal Interference
Another thing that you can do to get rid of the Netgear extender orange light issue is to keep WiFi interference at bay.
Make sure that your wireless range extender is not placed near the following things:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Bluetooth speakers
- Fish tanks
- Microwave ovens
- Concrete walls
Additionally, do not place your Netgear extender near utensils containing water.
6. Reset Your Netgear Extender
Did none of the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks help you resolve the Netgear extender orange light issue? If the answer is yes, consider performing factory default reset.
Here is how you can restore your device to the factory default settings:
- Find the Reset button located on your Netgear extender.
- Get hold of a sharp object and press the Reset button using it.
- Wait for some time.
After the reset process comes to an end, install your device again by accessing the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
If the LED on your Netgear wireless range extender is blinking any other color than green, you are in trouble. We hope that after following the troubleshooting hacks mentioned above, you will be able to fix the Netgear extender orange light issue.
On the off chance, you are still struggling with the same, contact our experts.