Complete Guide to Change Netgear Extender Default Password
In a time, where no WiFi network is secure, you must safeguard yours. In order to protect the network of your Netgear range extender, the first and foremost step is to change the default password. Wondering how to do that? Well, wonder no more. Simply walk through this blog and learn how to change the Netgear extender default password in a matter of minutes. Continue reading.
Steps to Change Netgear Extender Default Password
- Plug your Netgear wireless range extender into a wall outlet and turn it on.
- Wait for the power LED to become solid green.
- Next, connect your range extender and home router wirelessly. You can also use an Ethernet cable to create a connection between them.
Precaution: If you use an Ethernet cable to connect your extender and router, ensure that it isn’t damaged from anywhere.
- Once a successful connection between your wireless devices has been established, switch on your computer.
- Now, open an internet browser.
Precaution: Whatever web browser you use, make sure that it is updated.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will get welcomed by the mywifiext.net login page.
- Fill in the default username and password and click Log In.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, head over to the Settings menu.
- Click Wireless Settings.
- Under the Password field, enter the new password you want your Netgear wireless range extender to have.
- Click the Apply button.
- Wait for some time.
By following these guidelines, you’ll successfully be able to change the Netgear extender default password. On the off chance, you get stuck at any point during the process, either take the help of the troubleshooting tips mentioned below or get in touch with our technical experts.
Can’t Change Netgear Extender Default Password?
a. Check the Ethernet Connection
One of the biggest reasons why you are facing issues while trying to change the default password of your Netgear extender is an unstable Ethernet connection. As mentioned above, if the Ethernet cable you’re using is worn out, consider replacing it with a new one.
b. Keep the Firmware Updated
An outdated firmware can also be one of the reasons stopping you from changing the Netgear extender default password. To get rid of the issue, it is recommended that you update the firmware of your extender to the latest version. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Netgear wireless range extender.
- Head over to the Settings menu and go to Maintenance.
- Click Firmware Update.
In this way, you’ll be able to update the firmware of your Netgear extender to the latest version.
c. Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
If the WiFi signals of your Netgear extender are getting interrupted, its productivity can get reduced and lead you to issues similar to the one you’re currently facing.
Thus, make sure that your Netgear wireless range extender is kept away from electronic devices, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and transmitting appliances.
d. Follow the Correct Instructions
Many users are unable to change the Netgear extender default password because they end up following the wrong instructions. Chances are that you have made the same mistake.
To troubleshoot the issue, it is recommended that you carefully go through the guidelines mentioned at the top of this post, connect to Netgear_ext, and try to change the default password of your device from scratch. This time, make sure that you take all the necessary precautions.
This was all about how to change the Netgear extender default password. If you are still facing issues while trying to change the default password of your device, then waste no more time and get in touch with our well-versed technical experts.