A Complete Guide to Reset Netgear Extender
Facing internet connectivity issues with your Netgear extender? Has it started behaving weirdly? If you nod yes to any of these questions, it’s time to reset your extender. This post covers two proven methods to reset Netgear extender. Let’s get started.
Why Do You Need to Reset Your Extender?
Factory resetting your WiFi extender will prove helpful if:
- Your Netgear extender not working
- You can’t log in to your extender
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- You are getting ‘internet connected but not working’ error
Be it any issue, resetting your extender will rectify that permanently.
Points to Follow Before Netgear Extender Reset
Do you want to complete the extender reset process without any hassle? If so, the following tips will prove to be boon for you. Make sure to walk through them one-by-one to ease your Netgear extender factory reset process.
There should be a well-fitting AC power outlet to plug in your WiFi extender.
- Don’t connect your extender via an extension cord.
- Avoid spotty WiFi connections and worn-out cables.
This is so because any damaged or loose connection may disrupt the extender’s power supply. This further may corrupt its memory or break the installed firmware.
Once you restart your extender, let it boot up completely. In case the booting process gets interrupted by any means, you may face various issues during the resetting process.
Make a note of all the changes you have done in the settings during the new extender setup. This list comprises of WiFi network name (SSID), channel numbers, password, security settings, and much more.
These were the key points you need to follow before you reset your extender.
Without further ado, let’s ring up the curtains from the Netgear extender factory reset process.
How to Reset Netgear WiFi Extender?
Go through the steps below to reset your Netgear extender using the reset button:
- Plug in your Netgear WiFi range extender and turn it on.
- Locate the factory reset button on it.
- Once found, use a pin-like device to press the button.
That’s it! Your Netgear wireless extender has been reset. Now, you have to change its settings as per your requirements once again.
Found the reset button method a bit tricky? No worries! We have got your back. Use the web-user interface to factory reset your Netgear extender. Here’s how to do so:
- Power on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Access a web browser of your choice on a computer or laptop.
- Go to the default web user interface of your Netgear extender.
- A login window will appear.
- Fill in the required details.
- Hit Log In.
- The Netgear smart wizard will open.
- Click on the Factory Reset button.
- A confirmation screen will appear.
- Confirm your decision by hitting Yes.
That’s all! Your Netgear extender will start restoring the default factory settings. Once done, the extender will restart itself. Now, you can make the setting changes as per your liking.
Still unable to reset your Netgear WiFi range extender? Simply get in touch with our experts and let them fix the issues for you.